THIS TOUR IS BEING POSTPONED BECAUSE OF THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC AND WILL PROBABLY TAKE PLACE AT THE SAME TIME IN 2021.
ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE BEING CONTACTED DIRECTLY.
See details and entry form downloadable below
RRAF CORNWALL TOUR
20-22 April 2020
Organised by the same team as the very successful tours in Brittany, the Two Moors, the Loire and Normandy.
Commencing on the evening of Monday 20th April, the tour will be based at the four star Penventon Park Hotel in Redruth, which has a rating of 8.6 on Booking.com. This well-appointed hotel has en suite rooms on two levels, plentiful secure parking, free wifi and a leisure club with an indoor pool. The price of £348 per person includes dinner, bed and breakfast for three nights, wine and coffee with dinner each night and a welcome reception on the first evening. The hotel is located on the edge of the historic mining town of Redruth and is easily accessible from the A30 – a journey of about 90 minutes from Exeter. The tour price includes all entry fees, tea/coffee stops and one lunch.
April is a great time to visit Cornwall – the roads aren’t busy, the weather should be pleasant and the countryside will be looking at its best. We will visit the beautiful and varied coastline of the south coast and the north coast and villages and valleys in between. You may well have visited Cornwall many times but we guarantee that you will go to places where you haven’t been before!
The first day of the tour will cover the south west compass quadrant – travelling close to the most southerly and the most westerly points in England – the Lizard and Land’s End. We will travel the Atlantic Coast road between Land’s End and St Ives, described as one of the most picturesque routes in Britain.
On the second day we will head eastwards, through China Clay country and up to the north coast, where we will visit the Cornwall Aviation Heritage Centre and afterwards there will be the opportunity to take part in a Regularity Stage. As on previous tours there will also be a photo competition to test your observation skills.
The tour will end with a celebration and prize giving dinner on Wednesday 22 April.
- Rosemary Lynch/Peregrine Langton, 1991 Mazda MX5
- Barrie Lukey/Mike Chard, 1968 MGB
- Ian/Anne Thompson, 1995 MG MGR V8
- Richard/Carolyn Leggett,Graham/Elizabeth Oliver, 1976 Alfa Alfetta
- Stuart/Sandra Lee, 1974 Triumph TR6
- Nicholas/Carol Challacombe, 1962 Bristol 407
- Vincent Mazzone/ Roberta Crescenzi, 1987 BMW 320i
- Peter/ Elaine Mills, 1998 Mercedes SL320
- Mark Stewart-Clarke/Joanna, 1994 Chevrolet Silverado
- Brian Arendell/Pauline, 1973 MGB Roadster
- Donald Franklin/Christopher Franklin, 2017 Audi Q7 e-tron
- Blaise Prideaux/Jeanette Prideaux TBA
- Michael/Jan Rye, 1978 MGB GT
- Brian/Audrey Archer, 2003 Jaguar XKR
- David/Anne Spencer, 2015 Mercedes SL
- Ben/Irene Ruijs, 1979 Morgan Plus 8
- Bob Ponchaud/Geoff Jones, 1963 MGB
- Ronald Hagerstein/Anthony Winter, 1991 Mercedes 320
- Paul/Marian Weightman, Ray/Anne Price, 1961 Bentley S2
- Allan/Heather Gait, 2000 Jaguar XK8
- OFFICIALS – ROD ALLDAY, helped by: Chris Ohly, Keith Collings, Chris Smith, Peter Griffiths